Relocating can be a stressful and exhausting ordeal. We get calls from Orlando home sellers or form submissions on our website every week saying, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Orlando“. The great thing is that we’re able to help most of those sellers sell their Orlando house quickly and relieve that stress. We are able to help because we are actively buying houses for cash in Orlando, FL right now!
There are so many things to coordinate and juggle during this transition, plus all of the stress that comes with whatever is making you have to move in the first place. It could be a new job, military transfer, the need to take care of an aging parent or any number of other reasons. Regardless of the reason, stress and the uncertainty of trying to sell your Orlando house quickly and moving will almost certainly overwhelm you.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying two mortgages and have to maintain a vacant house for several years or even worse try to be an absentee landlord. I’m sure you’ve heard the horror stories of what the wrong tenant can do to a lovely home. That can be very expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market was relatively stable in Orlando, things have changed in the blink of an eye. Orlando home sells are down almost 30% because of the Coronavirus pandemic. We really don’t know what’s going to happen because of the COVID-19 pandemic and its devastating effect on the economy. We’ve heard some serious horror stories from the last market crash. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Orlando FL house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Orlando… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to wait to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your Orlando house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc. That can eat away at your hard-earned equity pretty quickly.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment is interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action Now! Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Orlando FL agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Central FL Investment Group, LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Orlando?
We’re professional home buyers. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Orlando home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent and hoping it sells
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees or don’t have enough equity to pay the fees
- Can’t sell their house because it needs too much work and they can’t afford to do the upgrades – (we buy Orlando houses in as-is condition)
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Orlando community.
We’re honest and straightforward. If it doesn’t solve your problem and benefit you as the seller, we won’t do the deal. It has to be a win-win.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Orlando real estate, so please feel free to call us at (407) 499-2330 and chat with us anytime.